We are currently building & deploying our product for large energy customers across the UK and Europe. We are looking for a researcher-engineer in 3D Computer Vision who is excited to solve interesting challenges in the 3D algorithms and Machine Learning. You would be working with 3D Point clouds datasets of large industrial facilities. The deployment of AI workflows is an important cornerstone of the product. So this job includes regular interaction with the team of software engineers and customers. Moreover you would be provided with an opportunity to interact with the academic advisors. It is an excellent chance to deploy your knowledge to a product that would directly benefit the daily operations of the users.
As a machine learning Engineer, you will contribute to the product development efforts of the team. The different activities would include –
- Develop innovative algorithms for various problems in 3D data processing ranging from 3D Template Matching to 3D Reconstruction.
- Special focus on Scalability and adaptation of existing approaches to extremely large datasets.
- Investigate design approaches, prototype new technology, and evaluate technical feasibility for state-of-the-art ML and DL algorithms.
- Major focus on working with real industrial datasets in various modalities including Point clouds, CAD models and Images.
- Basic knowledge of 3D Deep Learning approaches and Graph Deep Learning architectures.
- Investigate the industrial and academic technological trends on 3D Machine Learning and 3D Deep Learning, sensor intelligence, and related technologies.
- PhD in 3D Computer Vision and related topics
- Primitive Fitting and Template Matching in Point cloud data (Methods like TEASER and RANSAC)
- Rigid body transformations in Point cloud
- 2D/3D robust feature tracking
- Multi-sensor fusion
- You are proficient in Python and can implement algorithms using relevant Machine Learning libraries (TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras etc.)
- Culture in 3D Deep Learning and Machine Learning algorithms
- You are proficient in English
- 3D perception and Error modelling on lidar sensor data
- Industrial experience in development and deployments at production level
PROFILE AND CULTURE
- You are interested in building the first foundations of a fast-growing tech start-up
- You have an entrepreneurial culture, willing to take on new challenges with a mission that can evolve quickly over time
- You are autonomous and very proactive in proposing solutions
- You are open to strong feedback and can adapt quickly
- Contract Type: Full-Time
- Start Date: March 2021 onwards
- Location: Paris, France (75013)
- Education Level: PhD
- Possible partial remote